Monday, November 17, 2008

Something New

Thank you everyone for your sweet prayers & thoughts for my son Corey, he is having his MRI today, which is tomorrow in Korea. I will let you know the results as soon as I can.

I have some new things to post. I have been working on a new project. Photos below are of my new pocket pillows. Each pillow is designed with a pocket on the back for a specific purpose as you will see.

This is the front on the first pillow, it is collaged with different fabrics, lace & irregular stitching. The center piece of fabric has vintage children playing in their pedal cars.

This is the back of the pillow and this pocket has a bible verse written on it, which is Psalm 127:3. This verse states that "children are a gift from God". Your prayers can be tucked inside the pocket on the back of this pillow. This pillow will be going on my etsy soon.

The next pillow is of a couple in love. I painted this couple sometime ago, and I transferred them onto fabric for this fun pillow. This pillow also has a pocket on the back.
The pocket on the back of this pillow is for the couples to exchange"love letters" to each other. What fun this would be!

Weekend before last we went to Austin to see my oldest Grandson play in the High School band. He plays the drums & is in the 7th grade. He was so cute. The first photo is of him & our youngest Grandson being silly. The second photo is of our middle Grandson playing his horn for us. He really does a great job! They are so cute & fun to be around! Never know what they will say or do!

Last but not least is an update of our four legged friends in the window! Drove by there today & both dogs were on the couch in the window. They are so funny. The little dog is standing on the back of the couch, the other dog is just peeking over to back to see over the top.

These 2 dogs make me LOL everytime I see them in this window. Someday I am going to leave the owners photos of these 2 watch dogs & let them know what great entertainment they have provided! Also go & check out the FunkyArtQueen's blog, she has a photo of her dog also looking out the window! I hope everyone has a great week. Hugs***Renea

4 comments:

LW said...

Love the pillows, very sweet. Many years ago I made tooth pillows on the same idea but with smaller
pockets. I made them as gifts for newborn babies.

I hope you get good news about Corey. my hubby is still feeling pain from his fall but is getting better day by day…

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way,

Louise

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What great gifts those pillows would make! So creative!

I'm still praying!
Becky

Gaby Bee said...

I have been pretty busy and not blogging much lately but I love your latest artwork! Your pillows are beautiful. A really scrumptious collection!

Sending also good thoughts and prayers your way.

Hugs to you
Gaby

FAQ said...

I think the owners would be so tickled to see the progression of photos and the comments.
Your pillows are so original and unique.....just like you my friend. Lovely work. Love ya sistah.