Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Dog's Life!

Do you remember the post where the dogs were in the window & had torn up the window shade? Well I went by there again the other day & guess what....they have removed the window shade & now the little dog just sits on the back of the couch! Yeap, he's there everyday now. I guess his owners new it was a loosing battle, so they let him win! Ha! Love this dog! What a dog's life!
Now I will show you a photo of my little Pixie & her dogs life. As you can probably see, she's not too little, in fact I took her to the vet 2 weeks ago for yearly shots & she weighed almost 12 pounds. WOW! I told dear hubby that he needs to stop feeding her table food that she is going to kill over with a heart attach. But one thing that I do let her do in the mornings is finish off my coffee. Every morning she waits patiently for my almost empty coffee cup, just like the old saying goes good to the last drop! Again what a dogs life! Such spoiled rotten dogs! But I love this little mutt!
As promised here is my latest project, it didn't turn out the way I had pictured it in my mind. I think it is okay, but will work on the next one to achieve more of the look that I want. This is a little keepsake box, the top looks a little pink in the photo but it is really red. The inside is black with a black & white butterfly.
Also I want to post a photo of the Christmas stocking I am making for my soon to be born Granddaughter! Here is what the final result will (hopefully) look like:

The photo below is the last photo that I posted a few weeks ago:

And here is the progress. Boy is this a lot of work. My goal is to have it finished by Thanksgiving. (So keep your fingers crossed) But I have made some good progress. Basically I will be working on the Sugar Plum Fairy in the next week or two.

Well I hope everyone has a great artful week. I have lots of work to do. I am continuously working on the stocking plus trying to squeeze in other projects. Hugs to you all *** Renea

5 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I'm glad to see that doggy has a clear view!
And your pup loves coffee! How funny.
Your work is really pretty. Such talent!

Heather Robinson said...

Well aren't you busy? So glad to have an update on the dogs...yours and the others. I laugh everytime I think of them at the window with the broken blinds. The box you created is so elegant and what an amazing stocking for your new addition.

Periwinkle Pass Studio said...

Renea, thanks for the follow up on the dog. Too funny. I am loving your work.

Little Blue Violet said...

Ohhh the stocking is coming along beautifully Grandma!

FAQ said...

now that has to be the longest blog you ever did! Funny girl! I loved the pic of the babies! Your stocking looks so pretty but so much work bless your heart. Loved the box-and your little butterfly inside. See you always go the extra mile and have little unexpected extras in your work. Love ya!