Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tried Something New



As you can see this is the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Cloth,Paper,Scissors. I read the article "patch it together" on page 73. I have always loved Kelly Rae Roberts work, so I thought...okay follow directions for background & get busy. How hard could it be? Well as you can see my background is nothing like the photo in the magazine. I think my paint was too thick & dried too fast. But I did learn a few things for next time. And I will try again sometime. Anyway I think my "Lucy" still turned out okay. I made her into a valentine's day "Lucy". I started her sometime ago, got discouraged, put her away, finally today pulled her back out & finished her. But I am happy with the final result.

3 comments:

The Tattered Rose said...

I tried this technique,too. I think yours looks wonderful. Very Valentiney. Cheers, Trish G.

Lisa S. Oceandreamer said...

I received your comment about joining OWOH - as soon as you have posted a giveaway in relation to the event then send me THAT link and i will add you ASAP.
Thanks,
Lisa Oceandreamer

dunesza said...

She's a real beauty - I love here!
:) Caren
PS: I'm partcipating in the OWOH give away - come and visit my blog!